Friday, December 14, 2012

The Spellings

Oh my lord - could the days go by any slower?  I truly don't think it's possible :-)

My VISA for India arrived today - so while a small milestone, it's still better than nothing.  Darren is still waiting for his as there was was some sort of mishap.  I can only imagine the (frustrating) hilarity that will ensue when we eventually have to go for "baby pickup".  I can picture D and I trying to navigating our way throughout the streets of Delhi with our newborn attempting to get passports and DNA tests, etc... Oh dear.  Again - it will all be more than worth it.  I can't even begin to express how excited I am to start a family with D.

After 14 Christmases of it being just the two of us...if we're blessed with a baby on our first attempt, we'll get to start a whole set of new traditions next year.  Wow!  I am trying so hard to not make any purchases for the yet to be conceived baby - but it's so difficult.  Let's see how much longer I can last.  And I will just have to pick up a trinket or two in Delhi to pass along as a keepsake ;-)

We have started the conversation, perhaps also a bit premature, of whether or not we should move.  We can certainly stay put for quite some time, even after the baby arrives, but I have to admit our house is not at all child friendly.  Lets begin with Exhibit A - our staircase (which is all decked out with bling for the Holidays)



There was a time that I thought this was our forever house...but with the help of SCI and a bit of luck - we'll likely need a house with a few less hazards and a bit more space...and I have always wanted a gift wrapping center just like Candy Spelling (yes, Tori's mom)... LOL.

3 weeks today and we'll be en route to Delhi, India.

No comments:

Post a Comment