Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Stimulation

A belated Christmas present for us!



We received an e-mail from SCI this morning to let us know that our egg donor's scan/ results are all fine and that she has started the stimulation phase.  I've heard from a few friends that this isn't the most pleasant phase of the IVF cycle...so we're sending a huge virtual hug to our ED and she's certainly in our thoughts. I realize we still have a very long way to go - but with every positive milestone we are one step closer to having our dreams realized.

9 more sleeps and we'll be on our way to India :-)  I don't have a whole lot figured out just yet on what to do in Delhi for the week we're there (Agra/ Taj Mahal day trip?).  I'm a planner by nature - typically when D and I travel, it's not that unusual for me to already have our plane tickets purchased close to a year in advance - so this last minute trip is going to be a new experience in every single way possible. 
We're very fortunate that both D and I have several Indian friends and colleagues that have been kind enough to give us a whole lot of info and ideas on what to see/ do.

The Stimulation Phase:  To encourage growth of multiple follicles on both ovaries, stimulation drugs are used to stimulate the ovaries to produce more follicles than would be produced in a normal menstrual cycle.


4 comments:

  1. wishing you all the best on your journey guys! not long to go before your in India!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our egg donors are very special ladies, aren't they!!
    It doesn't seem that long ago when we were doing exactly the same thing :)
    Enjoy the excitement of your trip - you will love meeting the team, they are just fantastic - and see as much of the country as you can. You'll be way too busy with little one(s) when you return!
    xo

    ReplyDelete