I was watching Woody Allen's Hannah and Her Sisters last night, which I
had never seen, and there's a scene early on where Woody Allen's
character finds out he's infertile...of course being the neurotic person
that I am, I instantly thought "Hope this isn't a sign". Side note - I had no idea Barbara Hershey, aka Hilary Whitney from Beaches, was in Hannah - I hardly recognized her without the collagen lips!
Bright and early Monday morning Darren and I are off to the fertility clinic to make a "deposit" to find out just how fertile we are.
In preparation for the test I've been sticking to a fairly restrictive (and boring) diet for the past two months - chicken and salad, virtually alcohol free, increased exercise, vitamins... and doing everything in my power to not get sick (worried that a high fever would not bode well for the little swimmers).
The last few nights I've been tossing and turning in anticipation of what the results will be...It's not entirely beyond the laws of the universe that both D and I are both infertile. Of course there's no sense in over analyzing it...I've done what I could and now the rest is up to luck...or I suppose genes.
Monday is the test and Tuesday we're supposed to find out the results. So every possible combination or finger and toes will be crossed for positive news. If all goes well, there will be 3 more trips to the fertility clinic to make 3 more "deposits" to send to Delhi (the cost in shipping is exorbitant - more then the cost of one of us actually flying to India - so better safe than sorry and send as much as we can upfront).

No comments:
Post a Comment