I can't get Madonna's Hung Up out of my head..."Time goes by so slowly for those who wait"
Every day feels like a week. Thankfully work has been very busy and has kept me preoccupied for the majority of the time. Of course everything on T.V., in every magazine, and on Facebook has been nothing but baby baby baby. Only 5 more sleeps to go, possibly 4 if the e-mail comes in early enough on Monday Delhi time. You know I'll be sleeping with my iPhone :-)
Someone sent me this and it couldn't be more accurate...lol
Next week is either going to be the best week ever or the worst week ever. We're of course hopeful that it will be good news, but are preparing ourselves in case it's not. We are having a lot of hypothetical conversations around here playing both sides of the news. I think we already have our backup plan ready to go just in case. What I've learned about myself in the past 10 days is that I'm actually way more impatient than I thought I was (which is hard to believe), so having a proper plan setup for either outcome is all part of appeasing my crazy self. I'm lucky to have Darren as my rock through all of this as I must be driving him a little bit batty :-) (maybe more than a little).
Good news is after the longest case of jet lag ever, more than a week, I'm finally back to my regular schedule :-)
Sending all the love in the world to Ms.A in hopes that she is doing well :-)
Every day feels like a week. Thankfully work has been very busy and has kept me preoccupied for the majority of the time. Of course everything on T.V., in every magazine, and on Facebook has been nothing but baby baby baby. Only 5 more sleeps to go, possibly 4 if the e-mail comes in early enough on Monday Delhi time. You know I'll be sleeping with my iPhone :-)
Someone sent me this and it couldn't be more accurate...lol
Next week is either going to be the best week ever or the worst week ever. We're of course hopeful that it will be good news, but are preparing ourselves in case it's not. We are having a lot of hypothetical conversations around here playing both sides of the news. I think we already have our backup plan ready to go just in case. What I've learned about myself in the past 10 days is that I'm actually way more impatient than I thought I was (which is hard to believe), so having a proper plan setup for either outcome is all part of appeasing my crazy self. I'm lucky to have Darren as my rock through all of this as I must be driving him a little bit batty :-) (maybe more than a little).
Good news is after the longest case of jet lag ever, more than a week, I'm finally back to my regular schedule :-)
Sending all the love in the world to Ms.A in hopes that she is doing well :-)


love that ecard picture :) so true! keeping everything crossed for you guys!
ReplyDeleteThose ecards always crack me up :-) And thanks for wishing us well!!!
ReplyDeleteMy partner and I share the excitement that you guys are feeling right now. We hope you guys don't have a long wait before you meet and touch your bundle of joy. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteI can't even begin to imagine what it will be like when our countdown shifts from finding out if we're pregnant to actually waiting for the baby...not too much longer for you guys! Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming adventures
DeleteBe patient, patience will be rewarded as it has been for us. we wish you all the luck in the world.
ReplyDeleteJavier & Antonio
Thank you! I know you're right...it's just hard to convince myself of that sometimes :-) Congrats to you guys!!!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteSorry, I posted in the wrong place...btw - everything having to do with the internet in India sucks, just saying :-)
DeleteOuch, I feel for ya, the waiting game is zero fun!
ReplyDeleteWe wanted to scream, pull our hair out at times, as we waited anxiously for each languished over report, as they trickled down from SCI (especially those every 4 week reports are a killer).
I don't know what to tell you, it's not easy, & we hated that part of the process.
KEEP BUSY! What we did was try to keep ourselves uber busy. We worked a lot. We planned a couple of short trips (Chicago & Philly), we went to off Broadway theater (saw 11 shows, lol) kept our weekends filled, we did lots of gardening (one of our best crops ever!), also, we were lucky our last couple of months were occupied by the holiday season (Thanksgiving - New Years; twins born 1/4/13).
What worked for us was not killing ourselves with to much baby talk. We didn't even openly tell all our family & friends about the babies until X-mass. We did zero baby shopping until 28 weeks (we bought clothes & diapers, we still don't have cribs), & we didn't decorate. This strategy work well for us. It was torture still, but we made it through (we may be a bit off, but we have a hell of a good time).
Now, the torture is getting out of India, & getting home! But that's another story...
Uh,oh, fussy pants is crying for his bottle, & sis is never that far behind... Hang in there guys, hold on tight to each other. You're in for the ride of your lives! YIPPIEEE!!!
All the best to you both on this adventure, CHEERS!!!
OMG - your twins are absolutely adorbale... congratulations!!!
DeleteYou were smart holding back the news. We already made the mistake of telling too many people and having them ask us constantly on how things are progressing certainly adds an extra layer to the wait. I appreciate the tips/ advice...and hope to be able to put some of those into practice very soon ;-) I'll share your post with Darren to help convince him that we will need at least one babymoon lol :-)
Thanks again for your well wishes and all the best to you guys (and don't worry about the exit, I'm sure you'll be home with your little bubs before you know it).