Saturday, November 10, 2012
Here we go!
Now I feel things are starting to become real. We received the full list from SCI of almost 200 possible egg donors yesterday. We ended up spending most of the evening trying to narrow it down to our top 5. Narrowing it down to 20 was relatively painless but getting down to the top 5 was quite difficult. Of the top 5 I was actually hoping only 1 or 2 would be available because even though we had the list down to 5, there was something special about each of them so I had my fingers crossed that fate would help choose for us.
As we were putting the list together I said to Darren that this is a total Sliding Doors moment (I forgot how much I love that movie....must watch it again soon). The decision we make now is going to take our life in one direction or another. Of course it's impossible to predict which decision will lead us down which path, but it is a little intimidating to know that this is truly a life changing the decision.
Up next...
Dr. S will start reaching out to the egg donors to confirm availability. We are pushing for a cycle start date in January.
Couldn't be more excited that we are finally on our way to starting a family!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

EEEKKKK!!!! So excited. I can't wait to learn about this process with you. And I love Sliding Doors. I might watch it tonight now because of you. :-) Good luck!
ReplyDeletemaybe if we have a girl we should call her Gwyneth ;-) haha
Delete